As of late, Corey and I have considered looking into international options for Ruby’s adoption. We aren’t partial to any specific country, but are currently looking at China and India. We were considering Vietnam, but they have closed their adoptions for now. Of course, domestic is still a very big possibility for us if something comes along. I would rather do that than anything so that the birth family can be a part of her life, but since we haven’t had much response in doing this “route”, we are researching other options.
Cost is a factor. We don’t want to expend so much as to change the standard of living for either of our kids. Going into huge financial debt is something we of course want to avoid, if possible. Adoption is expensive any way you look at it, but a private (domestic) adoption is far less costly than the international route. That being said, I’ve seen where several of my friends online have been able to receive grants and do fundraisers to help with costs.
This could open some doors for us. Perhaps if our friends and family knew that we were “in process” we would receive more response than we have on fundraising. Not that we want to EVER put anyone in a situation to where they feel like they have to do so. That isn’t our intent. I just know that it would push the urgency a bit more if she were “on her way” to us.
This is whole new world to us. It’s so different from Logan’s adoption. We have so much to learn and so much to do to even begin to decide which way to go. I’m quite fortunate that I have many, many friends that have gone this route and can help explain the ins and outs to me. I don’t know what I’d do without y’all. I’m so blessed to know each and every one of you.
Much love to you all. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we delve into this and decide which way to go.